April, 2011, r.e.a.l.’s house renovation in Briarcliff Manor is published in Westchester Home Magazine, as one of the winners of its “Great Kitchen Makeovers” contest.
- Summer, 2010, r.e.a.l.'s gallery addition at Acadia Summer Arts Program in Mt. Desert Island, Maine, is published in "Robert Venturi, Denise Scott Brown and Steven Izenour at Acadia Summer Arts Program", with text by Kathryn Hiesinger and Marion Boulton Stroud.
- September 2010: A happy client!
- April 2010, Sega Na Leqa, house in the Fiji Islands designed/developed by tonychi associates in collaboration with r.e.a.l., published in 12-page article in ELLE DECOR
- March 2010, Construction has been completed on r.e.a.l.'s Conservatory addition in Tenafly and renovations in Briarcliff Manor and Amagansett.
- 2009, Whitehall Ferry Terminal Project receives Citation for Des, AIA New York State Design Awards, 2009.
- December 2009, r.e.a.l. began work on infrastructure analysis and master planning for a portion of Congregation Beth Elohim's Temple House in Park Slope, Brooklyn.
- November 2009, r.e.a.l. has completed its third apartment renovation on Central Park West, at 67th St., a two-bedroom, two bath unit that included new air conditioning and windows.
- October 2009, r.e.a.l. has been retained by Congregation Beth Elohim in Park Slope, Brooklyn, for the renovation of its Men's Locker Room, to complement the Women's Locker Room work completed in 2006.
- March 2009, r.e.a.l. has relocated its studio to east williamsburg, in brooklyn.
- February 2009, r.e.a.l.'s principal Ron Evitts passed the LEED certification exam, and has become a LEED Accredited Professional.
- December 2008, r.e.a.l. is designing a sustainable house on the site of the historic Eleonor Raymond house in Belmont, Massachusetts, an AIA-sponsored Ideas Competition.
- Summer 2008, r.e.a.l. has been retained to do a house addition in Chappaqua, a conservatory addition in Tenafly, and an apartment renovation on Central Park West.
- October 2007, r.e.a.l.'s recently-completed Beach House Addition in Bridgehampton, NY is on view at the Center For Architecture's "New York Now" exhibition.
September, 2007, r.e.a.l. has begun Schematic Design with Robert Venturi and Denise Scott Brown for a new art gallery the Acadia Summer Art Program on Mt. Desert Island, Maine.
August 2007: r.e.a.l. has been selected by the board of the Nitra Shul to design its new facilities in Boro Park, Brooklyn. Project includes Sanctuary, Lecture Hall, Mikveh and Multi-Purpose Room.
- March 2007: r. e. a. l. submits
entry for Vores By international ideas design competition for
Carlsberg Brewery site in Copenhagen, Denmark. 80-acre site
includes historic brewery and industrial buildings to be renovated
and private parks and gardens to be made public. Redevelopment to
include housing, retail, cultural and institutional uses with
particular focus on green technology and planning. REAL design
includes ideas of electronic connectivity combined with social,
technological and formal components: a new core of over 1,200 affordable housing units, centered around historic steam and power plant buildings converted to school and worship center of Buddhism, Christianity, Islam and Judaism; new 250,000 m2 commercial development of reatil, hotel and office buildings, over subterranean parking for 1,500 cars; underground MUSINO complex, combining museum and casino functions to give economic and cultural viability to the new district, and creatively re-using the vast network of brick-vaulted cellar spaces currently used for grain storage and brewing functions. From the submittal:
"Sun and wind-harnessing turbines, photovoltaic panels, skylights, cleretories and roof gardens create a roofscape for the 21st century...overlaid with electronic, interactive and bio-fueled lights at all scales that make it glow, sparkle and illuminate."
- January 2007: REA has re-organized
as LLC: Ronald
Architect LLC, acronym: r. e. a. l.
- August 2006: Construction completed
on REA’s second Central Park West apartment renovation
project, this one involving the combination of two adjacent units
into a 3-bedroom unit.
- 12 July 2006: NYSERDA press
release for completed Photovoltaic Awning project for
its Albany, NY headquarters, designed by REA and installed by Solar Energy
- May 2006: REA is associating with
Kiki Dennis Interiors on the renovation of a loft apartment in
Tribeca, completed in Spring, 2007.
- March 2006: REA doubles office space
in move to new studio on top floor of 1201 Broadway, Room 1011.
- February 2006: REA has partnered
with Deborah Berke and Partners Architects on a two-bedroom
apartment renovation on the Upper East Side of Manhattan.
- February 2006: REA has been retained
to design and develop plans for a house prototype on the King
Salmon waterfront outside Eureka, California.
- 6 October
REA House in Sag Harbor featured on front page, Business
& Classified section, The Sag Harbor Express, "Going
Green" by Lia Araujo. (1
- October 2005: REA has begun design
of renovations and an addition to a beach house in Montauk, NY.
September 2005: REA received an Honorable
Mention in the 2005 Single
Family Residential Home Excellence in Design Awards, sponsored by Environmental Design + Construction
Magazine, for the House on Sag Harbor Cove.
- September 2005: REA has associated
with Studio Completiva in Denver, Colorado for the
design and construction documents for a new Wine Bar on the Lower
East Side of Manhattan.
- August 2005: REA is collaborating
with tony chi associates in New York City on the
design and documentation of Sega Na Leqa, a new 10,000 square foot
house on Wakaya
- 18 June
REA House in Sag Harbor is published in New
York Times article on residential uses of solar
- May 2005: REA is collaborating with
Solar Energy Systems and Cafe Habana on the first photovoltaic
market stall in New York: Habana Outpost Restaurant
and Market, at Fulton and South
Portland in Brooklyn.
- April 2005: Construction has started
on the second phase addition to the Bridgehampton Beach House.
Phase One interior renovation was completed in 2004.
- March 2005: REA is performing master
planning/expansion studies for a residence in Manhattan
Beach, California, in
conjunction with a second floor renovation project.
- March 2005: REA has been retained by
Christ Church Bronxville to provide architectural services for the
renovation of their auditorium and ancillary spaces.
- 8 February
Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg cuts the ribbon at the newly re-opened Whitehall Ferry Terminal at ceremonies today. Ronald Evitts led the
design team from 1993 through 2000, first with Venturi, Scott
Brown and Associates, then with Whitehall Architectural Design,
and finally with Schwartz Architects (update: April, 2005 photos).
- February 2005 : REA is associating
with John Gilmer, AIA Architecture and Interior Design of Palm
Springs, CA in a retail renovation project in the historic Trinity Building in Lower
- January 2005 : REA, in association with Solar Energy Systems in Brooklyn,
has been selected to design and implement an innovative building
integrated photovoltaic awning system for the New York State
Energy Resource Development Authority (NYSERDA), similar to their
previously executed residential work on the East End of Long